Baker University, the oldest university in Kansas, was founded in 1858 by the Methodist Episcopal Church. From its beginning in the Old Castle in Baldwin City, the College of Arts and Sciences expanded in scope and attendance, with a strong tradition of student and faculty success. It has built a beautiful campus, with three National Register listed buildings, that is also recognized as a Tree Campus USA. Baker has also expanded its programs with Schools of Nursing, Education, and Professional and Graduate Studies and has campuses in Topeka, Overland Park and Wichita, as well as Baldwin.
The Baker University Archives is located in the Spencer Wing of the Collins Library. Its primary holdings document the history of the University, in its operations, alumni, faculty and other areas of interest. In addition, it holds the records of Missouri Wesleyan College, acquired by Baker in the 1920s. Special collections include material on early Kansas and Baldwin history and on Abraham Lincoln, who donated $100 toward the construction of Parmenter Hall.
618 8th Street
Baldwin City, KS 66006